Individual Exchange Programme – The Exchange programme
The Student Exchange Programme is designed to provide individual students with possibility of benefiting from an international partnership, increasing their awareness of other cultures, and breaking down the barriers of language.
This programme is available all year around but it is especially popular during the summer term, as it means learning and having fun while on holiday.
The Exchange is aimed at secondary age students as well as university students or anyone interested in learning the Spanish and about Spanish culture. The length could vary from one week to several months, depending on the participants´ preferences.
You will have the opportunity to study and practise Spanish in Spain as well as host your exchange peer at home, which means, besides the improvement in another language, the development of habits of tolerance and mutual understanding.
This is the most economical and enriching experience to learn Spanish, discovering the traditional Spanish lifestyle, and achieve enough confidence to accomplish the majority of everyday situations.
The students can also attend Spanish classes at an officially recognised partner institution in a foreign country. They will meet countless people in the local communities throughout their stay, making new friends and thereby promoting personal growth and development. Language Opportunity provides a place where students can share and learn from each other. Strong ties are often created between them; in fact, many of them remain in touch for the rest of their lives.
Dates: All the year around (extra programmes available during the summer)
Ages: 12 years or over.
Number of weeks: Available from a minimum of one week.
Why study Spanish?
- Today, Spanish is the third most commonly spoken language after Chinese and English.
- Spanish is the official language of around twenty countries and the mother tongue of over 400 million people.
- Spanish is the second language of international communication, and is being increasingly used in economic, political and cultural relations.
- The number of those studying Spanish throughout the world is growing every year.
- Spanish is a language of extraordinary cultural prestige.